CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Nets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Nets Reply with quote

Everyone's talking about rods and reels but nobody's talking about nets. I have a frabill folding net that's pretty big but recently I've found it difficult to get the hooks out of the mesh type fabric. Also the carp I've caught got their dorsal fin spikes in the nets holes and managed to rip a nice gap in it. So what net do you suggest because everyone I see is the same one I have just made by a diff company.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need a big net, I recommend an Ego net like this:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/EGO-S2-Slider-REACH-Large-22-PVC-Mesh-Net/1846372.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch%2F%3FN%3D%26No%3D20%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dnet%26Ntx%3Dmode%252Bmatchallpartial%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26WTz_st%3D%26WTz_stype%3DSP%26form_state%3DsearchForm%26recordsPerPage%3D20%26search%3Dnet%26searchTypeByFilter%3DAllProducts%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=net&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Ego offers different extending handle lengths and net styles. I have a previous generation net. The extending mechanism on mine has gotten sticky, but I haven't cleaned or lubricated it and Ego has improved it. I like that the net unscrews from the handle. My net is hook-proof PVC and weighs one pound, so I can weigh fish in it. I wouldn't have been able to weigh the 29 pound carp I once snagged without it. The extending handle is pretty sturdy. It has a standard mop handle screw head and I have a nylon dock hook that I can screw onto it. You could even use it as a push pole in a pinch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: