CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Airwave or Trophy?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Airwave or Trophy? Reply with quote

2 certain 2 piece 7 foot surf rods I'm thinking about are the Tsunami Airwave and Tsunami Trophy. There isn't a 2 piece version of the 7 footer I've fallen in love with and no 2 piece 7 footer of the 8 foot rod I love.

Seeing I've become accustomed to the feeling of a perfect rod for the money and am enjoying the action they give, does the Airwave or Trophy surf series have the stiffness, backbone, and force that plays a roll in many ways?
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had an airwave til someone stole it from my yard.
I remember it being stiff. Too stiff for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a trophy 9' and 11'. The 9 is 1-4 and the 11 is something like 3-8 which I use for whipping eels. Im not sure why you need another rod, dont you already have like 3 or 4. Go in the store and bring it outside and whip it around. Most tackle stores will let you do that. They have a great warranty, 5 years against any kind of breakage even if you snap it in a door and they will hand you a new 1 on the spot no problem.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decided to order a Sea Striker SS700. Used to have an SS800 that I liked a lot before falling in love with my current Star Rods Aerial 8 footer. The SS series is very much like those more expensive Shakespeares that many avid anglers like for the money.

The reason for this is because I wanted a 2 piece 7 foot surf rod for casting with lures ranging from smaller FLR-10 to heavier SSP-12. Putting an already used Fierce 3000 I have at home on it with new 14 lb Sufix Performance Fuse.

Now it's the 8 footer and 30 lb braid for the big girls and lures over 1 oz, 1 piece 7 footer and 14 lb braid for everything, 2 piece 7 footer and 14 lb braid for lures under 1 1/2 oz and fish up to 12 lb or so, and 2 piece 7'6" and 10 lb braid for lures around 1/2 oz and smaller fish.

Thought I'd have a different setup for whatever I'm throwing and whatever is out there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: