CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: O Sullivans 6 7 14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfinder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: O Sullivans 6 7 14 Reply with quote

I havent hit the river in quite awhile so just out of curiosity I went there after work this afternoon. No fish at all and lots of idiot boaters including 2 jetskiers that flew right by 2 very young kids on yaks and waved them pretty bad!!! Not once but they came back around and did it again!!! WTF are you two idiots thinking!!!!!!!! But anyway as I waded out across from the point I looked down at my feet and there was this big rubber looking thing there. Snagged it with a plug and pulled it up out of the water. A freakin 17" Lamprey!!! Man those things are nasty lookin. Ive heard of them being there last year once or twice but never seen one, well now I seen 1 and glad it was dead and not stuck to my leg. Sorry, pics are on phone and dont feel like dealing with the hassle of uploading on this site.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
fivestring

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went in search of large eels last year in the Naugatuck and saw a lot of lampreys alive on their spawning beds. They would grab a rock with their sucker and drag it out. Pretty cool to see. Sort of freaked me out to be so close to them, even in waders. They were all in the 20-30" range.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every now and then I'll fish for smallies up in Seymour and on a number of occasions found lamprey scars on them. I think someone posted pictures last year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those lampreys are nasty looking things. I've nearly stepped on beds of them in the Naugy...freaked me out!!
fishfinder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea there were so many in the naugy...

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: