CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Found the Pattern
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Found the Pattern Reply with quote

Arrived at Twin Brooks Park around 3pm Sunday with my 5'6" ML setup. Conditions were sunny, warm, and southerly breezes just over 10 mph.

The first spot I started off at had a few largemouths and many bluegills right near the surface so I played around with different lures to see what they wanted. 2 things that got them to show interest were color and motion or sound. Colors such as Firetiger, Hot Tiger, and Red Tiger had them interested due to the sunny and breezy conditions. Moss Back Shiner on an XRPR-11 had a few show some interest too due to the dragonflies. Also had to look for shade and weeds.

Missed out on a pickerel that looked about 2 pounds on a custom painted red tiger J-7. Had a few cookie cutters hit a custom made firetiger wooden dual prop bait. Had a few other bass follow and hit a vintage Luhr Jensen Woodchopper. 1 bass exploded on a moss back shiner XRPR-11.

Later I went to check out another spot and caught a chunky 7" bluegill and a 14" 1 1/2 pound cookie cutter with the J-7. The bass had something in its stomach and gave me a good fight on the ML rod and 6 pound mono.

Went to another pond and had a few hits and followers. Caught a chunky 7" gill and a 7" yellow. Tried annoying a nice 2 pound bass that seemed to be swimming underneath and around a freshly hatched school of bass but couldn't get it to hit.

Next I went over to the main pond and hit a number of areas. Stuck with the red tiger J-7 most of the time while I also threw a few of those topwaters and also found fish interested in a hot tiger SSR-5. Caught 2 dinky yellows and a 7" yellow with the J-7.

Took a break with a soda and snack at the gas station and then went over to the larger pond.

Covered a number of spots at the larger pond and tried throwing the J-7, Woodchopper, and XRPR-11 with no luck. Also tried playing topwater with a brown trout F-7 and chrome FLR-6 to see if any crappie were around but nada.

Hit the road around 8pm
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a pic somebody took of me holding the cookie cutter. You can tell by its belly it was eating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: