CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Basstrix knock-offs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Basstrix knock-offs Reply with quote

I have a friend that works for BPS,....
He says the tail action on these baits is as good as,..if not better than the Basstrix tube-swimbaits! Also they are cheaper and actually available! Wink

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_98283_100007007_100000000_100007000_100-7-7
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Thanks. I've been talking with a guy in CA each month waiting for some to come into stock..

I'll try these.

Ron

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron you would pay 35.00 for 3....they better guarentee you 15 bass over 4 lbs for each bait at that price..... Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's some on Ebay for 26.50 including shipping..... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

I purchased $100.00 of the BPS Luck "E" swim baits. I'll try those out before I buy from Ebay.

Paypal is not my friend, long story made short. Someone hacked into Paypals system and took $5000,00 from my checking account.

Paypal give it back after two weeks, police reports and many phone calls..

I stay away from using paypal.

Thanks for the heads up, I did see them on Ebay before.

Happy Holidays.

Ron
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't believe the hype!!! Lures don't win tournaments Fishermen do. Every time a new lure wins in one of the Pro trails everyone jumps on the bandwagon, but if you pay attention it’s always the same guys winning. Not to say these things don't catch fish but to spend hundreds of dollars on the so called must have lure just because it was used to win a Pro tourney is crazy in my IMHO. Time on the water is the best way to catch fish not with your check book. Very Happy
Nickp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adda boy chuck. Mad Thanks for giving away my secret
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP !!! Thats what im doing wrong. You mean to tell me that i actualy have to go out there and plunk my lure on the surface to get good at fish'in ?????????

I dont get any better sitting home buying stuff off ebay ????????? How bout taking those purcahses and organizing them in the boat, does that help AT ALL ?????????

WOW, im worried Smile

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Thank you for the heads up on the new swim baits you found at BPS. Unlike others who have posted I like trying new baits, new tactics etc. I’m still learning each time I go out, if I wasn’t willing to try new stuff I would still be throwing a red devil from shore.

I agree that being a good fisherman catches fish and having to correct equipment but for us less fortunate rookies ( like me ) who don’t have years of bass fishing we need to learn by doing and by reading, asking questions and trying new stuff.

Time on the water is the best way to catch fish not with your check book.

Chuck, I agree with your statement to a degree, TF puts on a good bass fishing class. That class taught me a lot about the new stuff like what line to use when, rods etc. If writing a check helps me get better then I will.

I’m a big kid, I like my toys. If I want to try a new swim baits, GPS, trolling motor what ever, that my choice it doesn’t make me a better fishermen but it helps me learn more about what I should be doing to catch more fish and have more fun on the water then damn it I’m buying it.

Opinions are like asshole, everyone has one and they all pretty much stink.

PS. Special thanks to Jim (SkeeterJim) and Mark (Just4Fun) they have taken me under there wings. They have taught me more about fishing in one year then I could have learned on my own in ten years.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

Spring can’t come fast enough.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My statement was geared towards the Basstrix craze right now or others in the past like the Megabass 110 that was selling for $150-$200. People paying $40.00 for 3 little swimbaits is crazy. It wasn't toward the concept of tring new things or buying gear in general.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck,

Honestly I didn't even know they were a craze.. I seem them on a fishing show and liked the action and wanted to try them.

I'm always open to new stuff.

Happy Holidays...

Ron
Forum Police

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a year or so basstrix will be like senkos, chatterbaits, etc. just another lure, but for now they are a goldmine.

EBAY LINK http://search.ebay.com/basstrix_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40QQpqryZBsstrix
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: