CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo Pond 6/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Mondo Pond 6/4 Reply with quote

Got to Mondo pond just before 2:45pm Wednesday afternoon with my 5'6" ML setup. Air was mild, winds were a 5 to 10 mph south, and skies were mostly cloudy. NWS has been predicting an intensifying low pressure system to move through overnight into Thursday, which had me hoping the fish were aggressive for topwater.

The lure I stuck with was a rainbow trout Heddon Tiny Torpedo. 2 certain retrieves I played with were steady reeling and constant light jerking to make some extra noise on the surface.

First stop had a number of swirls with 1 pickerel following all the way in.

Next stop is when I started getting into action. Had a number of small explosions, lost 2 bass, had a pickerel come shooting out of the water for the lure, and landed an 18" 3 pound 2 ounce largemouth. If the bass had a few extra inches of girth I could have seen it hitting close to 5 pounds. It had a small fish in its stomach.

Later is when I come to another spot that had fish active. Landed a slender 13" pickerel and a dinky cookie cutter no bigger than a pound. Had a number of smaller explosions and plenty of swirls. Lost a bass.

Get to another spot that had action. This was where the extra noise had bigger bass and aggressive pickerel going. Lost a nice bass that was at least 3 pounds and had a pickerel that looked 2 to 3 pounds come jumping out of the water for the Heddon like a bluefish would for a pencil popper. Landed another 2 cookie cutters and a 15" 1 pound pickerel.

A number of other spots didn't show much.

Checked out some usual spots at the smaller pond and caught a cookie cutter there.

Later I come to a spot at the main pond that is a good crappie area. That's where I find a school of crappie hanging out near shore underneath lots of floating algae. Played topwater with a brown trout FLR-6, suspending jerk and pause with gold XR-6, and 1 twitch per second with the FLR-6. Had crappie coming up and slamming the FLR-6 while playing topwater and had them swiping it while doing the twitching. Landed 2 and lost 3. Also landed a cookie cutter and a dinky gill.

Made 1 more quick lap around hitting the spots that had been producing the best.

Eventually got the Tiny Torpedo snagged on a branch so I switched over to a Jitterbug which caught me a cookie cutter.

Hit the road just before 8:30pm
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody was walking their dog, bird watching, hiking, etc when I caght 2 certain fish so here's pics I tried taking of myself.

18" 3 pound 2 ounce largemouth

14" 1 pound cookie cutter
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

get outta my hole Smile
I was there in the morning. was sick all week and hit it in the morning tuesday and wed. one fish i caught had a tail in its throat and a hook sticking out its ass
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: