CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Kayak plus decals HELP!!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Kayak plus decals HELP!!! Reply with quote

I put some sweet (lol) decals on my kayak and some of them have gotten screwed up by the water / rubbing things.

besides maybe some clear tape is there anything i can put over the decals to protect them (plastic and paper decals)

I was thinking about putting some spray on adhesive to help on them on but, that wont stop them from being torn up.

I have more to put on in replace of these but, rather not until i get some suggestions on what to use to help protect them.

Thanks

PHS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try gel medium. Most department stores would sell it in their arts/crafts isle. It's a clear acrylic you would paint over the sticker and it drys like plastic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would simply live with it,...when one gets too worn, it's just time for a new one! Stick with plastic ones though,...paper is just not meant for watercraft!
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just toss on the ones I had, as soon I peeled the paper one off i thought I doubt this is going to last. I dont buy decals so i am trying to keep the ones I have on it for as long as possible.

this is nothing serious but, if I could find a cheap fix then why not..

Thanks to the both of you
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: