CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Charters
Viewing Topic: Father's Day on the Middlebank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Father's Day on the Middlebank Reply with quote

I am headed to Bridgeport on Father's Day to do some fluke fishing on the Middlebank.

I went last year and had a blast. It is a really clean and comfortable boat.

If anyone else is going, let me know and I'll make sure to find you and say hi.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:41 am    Post subject: Father's day fishing report on the Middlebank. Reply with quote

Ok so here is the report..
Be glad you didn't go...

The boat was pack like I new it would be. There are times I enjoy the thrill of out fishing a boat load of anglers... Yesterday was not one of those times. There was a total 68 fishermen and it was shoulder to shoulder and about 6-10 people not fishing that were hanging out on top.

The weatherman predicted winds from 5-8 mph and less than 1 foot waves.. Boy were they wrong. The winds were howling anywhere from 15-25mph. This caused some choppy water. Smaller boats were definitely rocking and rolling. At one point we needed 8 ounces to to hold bottom.

Winds were howling enough that most people wore sweat shirts and jackets the whole trip including myself.

I caught 4 sea robins, my buddy, JayD, using the boat rig caught 8 sea robins right next to me. I mostly used jigs and fluke balls.

The pool was worth $240.

Three (3) total keeper fluke were caught on the entire boat all day!! The pool winner looked like a 21 inch fluke.

Mostly sea robins caught, a couple of shorties and the lady next to me caught a snapper blue while reeling in her line.

I have decided that next year I will not be going out on Father's day.... I will fish the weekend before or after the holiday. The boat and crew were awesome. Plus the female mate (possibly the captains daughter) was easy on the eyes. Just too many people fishing and it becomes uncomfortable.

Last edited by RobO on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, Rob, I hope you're just trying to make me feel better about spending MY Father's Day cleaning up after my wife and kids, and schlepping them around. Rolling Eyes

If not, I'm sorry you had such a tough trip. You gotta be willing to eat those sea robins. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like eating the sea robins. We took home about 5 lbs worth of fillets. I let JayD have them all though, as I was going to go out to Texas Road House and have a porter house steak for dinner.

Last edited by RobO on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
JayD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
... You gotta be willing to eat those sea robins. Wink

As RobO's buddy on the party boat that day, I couldn't agree with you more on the sea robin fillets PECo. Thanks again for letting me take the whole stash, Rob.

Fresh pan-fried sea robin and grilled beef tips made for a phenomenal Father's Day surf and turf dinner.

A better end to a some what rough day of fishing.
chud059

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the prime rib at Texas Road House... med rare.. don't even need a knife to cut it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Charters All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: