CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Got A Kayak!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheFishingMedic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Got A Kayak! Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I'm so excited! Just got an early Father's Day gift a shinny new Field & Stream Eagle Run 12 fishing kayak!

Why and I so excited? To be honest I was sick of being limited on where I can fish because I had to always do so from the shore, it was so bad I wouldn't even bother going most days.

So, here I am... Looking forward to being able to get out a few days a week and the wife already said that I should go buy a new truck since getting it on and off my car is a pain. I knew I married her for a reason!

I live in the Stafford/Union area and can't wait to get out and reel in some big bass!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Got A Kayak! Reply with quote

TheFishingMedic wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm so excited! Just got an early Father's Day gift a shinny new Field & Stream Eagle Run 12 fishing kayak!

Why and I so excited? To be honest I was sick of being limited on where I can fish because I had to always do so from the shore, it was so bad I wouldn't even bother going most days.

So, here I am... Looking forward to being able to get out a few days a week and the wife already said that I should go buy a new truck since getting it on and off my car is a pain. I knew I married her for a reason!

I live in the Stafford/Union area and can't wait to get out and reel in some big bass!

Congratulations! I don't like driving SUVs, but I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee a year before I bought my bass boat, so I'd have a tow vehicle for it. You gotta think ahead! Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Enjoy it, I love mine.
RTownsend

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, I love fishing from my kayak. A nice tip I saw last year is to buy a heavy-duty retractable dog leash and clip a small anchor to the end, and fasten the other end to the kayak. Easy way to keep from drifting around and don't have to deal with tangled lines on the deck! good luck!
JayD

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTownsend wrote:
awesome, I love fishing from my kayak. A nice tip I saw last year is to buy a heavy-duty retractable dog leash and clip a small anchor to the end, and fasten the other end to the kayak. Easy way to keep from drifting around and don't have to deal with tangled lines on the deck! good luck!

THAT is a freakin' great idea!
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now u just need a truck or rack to get to the water Razz
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: