CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Salmon River (Salmon Cove)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AVec80X

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Salmon River (Salmon Cove) Reply with quote

I hit Lower Salmon River (Salmon Cove) in the kayak for the 2nd time this week and once again the bite was on. Ended up landing 5 LMB, mostly cookie cutters, with 3.2 lbs being the lunker of the group…and lost 2 failing to set the hooks of my Booyah Pad Crasher. It was nice and quiet in the cove, only 2 other boats on the water. Last night was the polar opposite of Saturday mornings sh1t show of tournament boats in there bombing around with total disregard for anyone else on the water! Fished the area around the East Haddam Boat Launch for the last 1/2 hour before dark and was able to hook up with one more little guy. All in all a fun, relaxing night of fishing!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you had pleasant conditions while fishing.

I love it when the weather is nice and calm and there's not much going on other than fish, birds, and other wildlife.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wind was actually pretty hard when I first got there as the middle pic shows. It mellowed out later in the evening and I tucked beside the tree line which helped a ton.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: