CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks Park 6/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks Park 6/21 Reply with quote

Slept into the afternoon Saturday and then headed up to Twin Brooks Park and arrived just after 4:30pm with my 5'6" ML setup.

I hit the spots that have been producing for me and also did some playing with the bluegills by throwing a weightless tail end piece of a Mister Twister Twistermite.

Topwaters I tried playing with were moss back shiner XRPR-11, threadfin shad Excalibur Bill Dance Pop'n Image, Jitterbug, and custom made firetiger wooden dual propbait. 2 plugs I threw were custom painted red tiger J-7 and hot tiger SSR-5.

Landed 4 dinky bluegills in 1 spot with the soft plastic as I tried to get a bull to take the hook.

Caught a 6" yellow in one of the coves with the SSR-5 but no others in the usual spots I'd hit them at the main pond.

Lost a bass with the Pop'n Image at the main pond and had what was either a cookie cutter or nice crappie jump out of the water for the XRPR-11.

Once it was 7:30pm I moved over to the larger pond. With the action I was getting I decided to stick with the Pop'n Image. The retrieve that was working was a slow walk the dog causing spitting and chugging with a loud rattle. I caught a 14" cookie cutter in 1 spot and had a follower in another. Then came the cast when I let go too late and got the lure snagged on a branch. Tried throwing the 3 other topwaters I had been throwing but nada.

Hit the road just after 8:30pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: