CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Hanover pond.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dozer02

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Hanover pond. Reply with quote

Didn't feel much like trailering the boat so I hit the bank's at Hanover instead. The spawn is pretty much wrapped up there so I targeted fallen timber & bushes with a jig/craw combo. I found a few craws under rocks last week and noticed that they were all greenish-brown in color so naturally I used green Yum Craw Papi's as trailers for my two tone brown "living rubber" 1/8oz jigs. In all, I fished for about three hours and landed 9 bass, the largest weighed 3lb13oz on the Normark digital. The rest were of varying sizes from 2lbs on up. No "dinks" at all! I'll be wetting the small v-hull there this weekend, I expect to post up some pics of some really fat bass! As bass fisherman, we're now entering a difficult transitional phase (the post spawn) and it can be frustrating if you go out expecting a normal summer pattern, which we should have by now, but because of such a late spring, fishing got pushed back a few weeks. If you play your cards right, you can catch your biggest bass of the year in the next couple weeks. Many of the big heavy females will remain shallow to take advantage of the weather and the spawning Bluegill. Don't be bashful with your largest lures & Bluegill baits, we often underestimate what a 4-1/2lb Largemouth can actually eat.The early morning topwater bite has been especially productive in the shallows this year, I already took several 4's & 5's on topwaters in the skinny water. I haven't yet broke the 8lb mark this year so I'm hopeful I'll get there in either Hanover or Black Pond this weekend. (More likely Black pond) We'll see how it goes. Stay safe on the water & enjoy the season! Winter's coming!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: