CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Camping areas with boat access
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethan169

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:21 am    Post subject: Camping areas with boat access Reply with quote

Im in search of a decent camping area where the girlfriend and I can go camping with a few friends and bring our boat as well. Im looking for ideas or experiences from anyone with information.

The boat we would be bringing is a 21' wellcraft Scarab 1. Its not really a fishing boat but we still try our best to fish off of it so if you know of a place that has decent fishing and the camping that would be even better!

We are in the Enfield area but I don't mind a bit of a drive. We would even travel up north if towards VT if you knew of anything worth while.

Thanks for any information!
RDG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look up island camping up at lake George.

So worth the trip.. Some of my favorite weekends were up there.

There are some smaller island with only a few sites. If you bring a few other friends, you can book the whole island and have it all go yourselves.
anointed130

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should try Whisperwoods up in Maine, They are great, they have cabins with electricity. Not sure what kinda camping you were looking to do.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
RDG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about Toland state forest for a more local trip. Camp sites are on the shore of Otis Reservoir. Really peaceful up there.
ethan169

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the options. I would definitely like to check out lake george area at one point.

As for Otis reservoir somone I work with mentioned that area as well. I looked into it and it looks nice. I see that its about 1000 acres. Does that seem a bit small for a medium power boat? I don't need a ridiculous amount of area to go cruising in but if its not worth bringing the boat then maybe Ill just leave it home..

Are there others with 20' vessels on the "lake"?
RDG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Otis is certainly big enough for a 20 footer. My buddy lives about 5 minutes from the lake and is on it at least once a week on his 20ft

You could always check it out on a day trip. You can launch out of the state park for $5 any day. Worth the trip IMHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: