CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT river north of springfield
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmack154

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:30 pm    Post subject: CT river north of springfield Reply with quote

I was hoping someone could help out my son and I. We are looking to try the CT river north of Springfield. We are looking for a good safe place to launch. I am ok with shallow water as I am from the Windsor Locks area. Any kind of depth chart or advice would be great. If you are interested in the Locks area I can share information. We want to try for some smallies. Thanks in advance and good luck this year.

Don
RDG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of ramps in the area north of Springfield. There's the Jones ferry boat launch, the Chicopee launch and the bondis island launch ( technically in Springfield)

Lately I've been using the Jones Ferry launch as it's paved, has good parking, and decent lightening for nighttime ops.

Bondis Island is conveiently located but isn't the best ramp for nighttime (shady area) plus the ramp sucks big time.

You can fish a good amount of the river from any of these ramps. Basciically the area from the enfield rapidly to the 391 bridge.

Good maps are available from this guy. I have 3 of the maps and they are worth the cash
http://www.ctrivermaps.com
dmack154

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks RDG. I appreciate the info. Maybe we will see you up the sometime. I will pick up a couple maps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: