CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Post Frontal Bite 6/26
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Post Frontal Bite 6/26 Reply with quote

Headed out to Mondo Pond Thursday afternoon. Arrived around 5:15pm finding winds to be a steady 7 to 12 mph north and northeast. A front had just moved through earlier in the day which had me wondering how the bite was gonna be.

Hit a number of spots and lures I played with included silver FLR-6, moss back shiner XRW-9, custom painted Heddon Spit'n Image, and silver blue South Bend prop bait.

One certain spot produced a 13" 1 pond cookie cutter and a 7" bass on the brown trout FLR-6 in back to back casts.

Had a number of swirls on all 3 topwaters with mostly smaller bass slightly going for the rear hook. Also had a nice crappie come shooting up for the Spit'n Image while doing a slow walk the dog with it.

One other spot produced a chunky 7" gill on the silver FLR-6.

Hit the road just after 8:30pm

Seemed like the fish were resting due to the front already passing by.
tricky912

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were pretty active earlier in the day. I was there for about an hour, missed a few and landed a pickerel. Saw plenty of action out of casting range. Landed a decent bass the previous day. Good mid day action the last few days. Hoping go get out there again on lunch today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: