CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Matched the Hatch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:36 pm    Post subject: Matched the Hatch Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon I headed over to the funeral home pond to do some bluegill cleaning and also try and get into bass, crappie, and yellows. Arrived around 2:30pm with my 5'6" ML setup.

First lure I threw was a weightless 1" soft plastic crayfish rigged on a trout hook. That caught me 2 bluegills, 1 cookie cutter, and a 1 pound bullhead. First time I've pulled a brown bullhead out of there.

Then once I switched over to a 1/4" piece of a black Mister Twister Twistermite, the bluegills and bass under 1 pound were going crazy!

Landed another 17 bluegills, 5 cookie cutters, 10" 10 ounce crappie, and 2 monster seeds. All bass were around 10" and some gills were around 5" while others were 8" and 9" bulls.

Later once I had a lot of bluegills on the stringer I headed over to Twin Brooks around 5:30pm.

3 lures I played with were chrome blue Skip Jack prop bait, custom painted Heddon Spit'n Image, and moss back shiner XRW-9.

As I moved around I had 1 nice bass hit the rear teaser hook of the Heddon without really exploding on it. Hit the usual summer evening topwater spots at the larger pond which resulted in a snapping turtle on the Heddon and a 15" 1 1/2 pound slender post spawn bass. The bass hit the Heddon right as the lure hit the water. Slow walk the dog was the pattern with the Heddon.

Hit the road just after 7:30pm.

The gills and smaller bass at the funeral home pond seemed to be looking for a small soft plastic or larger fly imitating black insects such as ant, black beetle, hellgramite, and gnat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: