CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: New to Kayak fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ctmrxmas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject: New to Kayak fishing Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought a cheap kayak about 2 weeks ago and I am absolutely HOOKED! I have lurked around this site for a long time but decided to join and say hello and be social! lol

I am having just as much fun modifying and adding things to the kayak as I am fishing from it!

I would be interested in joining others in fishing trips. It would be great to meet other kayak fishermen/fisher-women!

Steve
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you located?

If you have room for an extra yak and are willing to drive to the North End of Bridgeport, I'm willing to introduce you to lakes and ponds near me.

I got a kayak for free a few years ago but don't have a car.
Ctmrxmas

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may have to take you up on that offer! I like meeting new people and fishing new waters!
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to send me a PM to talk about it. I'm currently unemployed so I have plenty of time.
gilligan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

were u located i am in meriden area
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in Portland and fish all over Middlesex County if you ever want to meet up in the area

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in a tiny town called Pequabuck.....yup, didn't think many people would know where that is. lol It is part of Plymouth, near the Bristol line. I don't mind traveling to fish at all. I usually drive north and hit West Hill, Highland or Winchester. But I am willing to try anywhere! I have Black pond and Silver lake on my radar of places to try this year and possibly the Mattabesset River river. I am new to kayaking as I mentioned....so flowing water may have to wait till I have a bit more experience and confidence.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know where you live, but only because I live in Thomaston, lol. You can always hit the Bantam River up to little pond for bass/pike with the kayak. No current and very easy to paddle.
Ctmrxmas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the "put in" point for the Bantam river? MANY years ago I fished Bantam lake in a 12ft boat. I haven't put the kayak in there yet.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I-84 East to Rte. 7 north, to 202 East. Follow to Bantam, turn right into White's Woods Memorial Foundation (past grocery store). Follow road to end, turn right on White's Woods Road. Go over bridge, river launch area is just at the other end on the right. Parking for about 7-10 cars.

These are random from a kayak CT review, but the end result is the right spot. For you, you would come down RT 6 to Thomaston, right on to 254, left onto 118 and then it will merge with 202. You will be 202 W, so you would go left into White Memorial Foundation, then directions would follow like above.
Ctmrxmas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Ill have to go check it out soon!
cmlindblom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject: Hey Reply with quote

I just recently took my kayak that I just got done modify'n out into open water fluke fishing and had a blast. Landed a ton of shorts but for my first time in a kayak on saltwater I can't complain. I am also located in portland and fish a ton in the area. From lakes and ponds to rivers and saltwater (saybrook to Rhode Island). Anytime anyone is new to the area or want to test out a spot in the area don't be afraid to ask.... i am always down to take a risk in the name of fishing!
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Reply with quote

cmlindblom wrote:
i am always down to take a risk in the name of fishing!

Now that's what I call a die hard fisherman!

I'm willing to wade in the water in the spring and fall with lightweight nylon waders. I ride my bike to get to a certain fishing spot, which is more than 5 miles 1 way. I'll wait out a passing thunderstorm before getting right back to fishing, as long as there isn't anything else coming. I ride my bike to go fishing even on cool, muggy, misty days in the spring.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: