CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Black Pond 7/5/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jca1386

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Black Pond 7/5/14 Reply with quote

Headed out here to try and redeem myself. Got to the water about 7....went everywhere the kayak could take me. I ended up throwing the largest baits I had and still no bites. I did however avoid the skunk...I caught a massive 4 ounce large mouth. I mean this thing was the size of at least a snickers bar, maybe even a king size. I hammered every spot I could see lily pads and threw large baits near the nests, you name it. I think there is just something about that place that I cannot fish properly. The wind was not kind while I was out there for the duration pedaling around and watching the sights....will have to try another location to try and boat some LMB this year.
RD54

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the wind didn't help much today. Hanover was not much better. Funny thing is that I was somewhat wishing I had gone to Black Pond instead!
Dozer02

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live between both ponds. With the heavy rainfall & passing coldfronts we had recently, I chose to stay home this weekend Sad It'll get better with the waters & night time air temperatures warming back up & hopefully these evil winds will die down as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: