CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Keeney Cove Boat launch access????
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stainless51

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Keeney Cove Boat launch access???? Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

Does anybody know if point rd has a boat launch? If so, how good (or bad) is it. Especially at low tide. And is there parking for a suv w trailer? I have a 12 foot stainless boat with a small outboard. Sorry if this topic has been covered already. Im looking to head out next weekend or a weekday afternoon next week.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a boat launch, but I can't speak for low tide there. Parking is typically a mess this time of year. I'd suggest going early if you have an SUV & trailer. 80% of the vehicles there are cars and trucks carrying in yaks, canoes, etc. of fishing the bank. Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a ramp on either side of Point Rd.; one leading South which will bring you out to the CT River and one leading North towards the Putnam Bridge tunnel which leads into the North part of the cove.

With the rain we just had, tides don't matter. There is enough water to launch either direction.

The place does get busy, so yes, get there early, as parking can be at a premium.

If you choose to head South, out into the river, be advised that the portion of the inlet from the cove to the river has lots of dead fall in the water, which, depending on tides, may cause problems getting through. Its hit or miss, whether the fallen trees are in the way or not. Take it slow through there. I've not tried this route yet this year so I don't know what its like currently.

-Eric
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: