CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: New guy from manchester
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brueman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: New guy from manchester Reply with quote

Hi all just got me a Float Tube this week and cant wait till next weekend to try it out. I was wondering what are some of the best spots for bass fishing in a float tube around the manchester area. traveling up to an hour is kinda my max. I don't want any big lakes where big boats make nasty wakes as a float tube is small and just don't want to deal with things like that. Anyway nice to be here and hope to add some good stuff to the group as it comes.

Dave
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard!

Good luck getting help in finding a nice pond
chud059

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I am also from Manchester.
Some areas would be the bolton lakes, big motors really aren't allowed. A lot of people fish the lower bolton but middle bolton seems quieter. Is just past Valley Falls park in Vernon. You say you don't mind a little bit of a drive, so you could try Bigelow Hollow pond at Bigelow Hollow Park in Stafford, just off of Exit 74 84east... just follow the signs... you could try Mashapaug which is bigger and again they have a HP limit. But bigelow pond is perfect for that type of flotation.. no combustible engines are allowed... it is kind of small, and easy dirt launch... some good coves... definitely try that.. also if you take a left off of exit 74 you will find Morey pond which would be good for a float. There is a member here named Manimal who also has a float, and he is familiar with our area he could suggest some places. Good luck!!!
Brueman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips thinking cant wait to try the tube out this weekend. I have yet to buy flippers for it and went shopping today anyone have an opinion on long or short flippers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: