CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Mondo Topwater 7/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Mondo Topwater 7/7 Reply with quote

Hit Mondo Pond Monday afternoon arriving at 3:20pm. Skies were mostly sunny and winds were 8 to 15 mph ranging from the west to the south. NWS was predicting a slight chance for an evening shower or thunderstorm.

When I got to the first spot with my trusty 5'6" ML setup, I played with lures including custom painted red tiger J-7, custom painted Heddon Spit'n Image, moss back shiner XRW-9, yellow perch XRSH-6, yellow perch J-7, and gold florescent red F-7. Had bluegills and some bass chasing the red tiger J-7 if I gave it a constant jerking retrieve but never got a hit.

Moved along to a number of other spots and decided to stick with the lure that's been doing it mostly, the custom painted Spit'n Image. I did a whole lot of different retrieves with the lure and eventually fond 2 certain ones that would work. A slow walk the dog around weeds and open water got me 2 cookie cutters and 1 dink. The topwater spitting retrieve on top of thick floating algae got me another cookie cutter and lost what looked to be a crappie. Had a number of other explosions and fish trying to take the rear teaser.

Around 8:15pm is when I see a tall, thick, dark cloud to the west and then heard a rumble of thunder, which meant hit the road.

Saw heavy rain and some lightning to the north when I crossed the Devon Bridge finding out that northern Fairfield County and The Valley were getting hit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: