CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam 7/8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richpurvis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Bantam 7/8 Reply with quote

I think this is my first report on this site, I recognize many names from CTFisherman which I was on for many years.

Anyway, fished Bantam today and the day started off pretty awesome with a 5lber on maybe my fifth cast and maybe only 20 yards away from the state launch. She put up a hell of a run and tried to lose me in the lilly's but I was patient and let her back out and free herself, will post pics once my fishing partner for the day sends them to me.

We caught a bunch more bass all largies and what I think were rock bass?? Small striped sunfish looking things I've never really caught before.

I then tried to target Pike which I was able to boat three but all were relatively small and not much fun. Caught a nice chain pickerel that was about 20 inches and pretty thick.

All in all a good day on the water and much better than being at work.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Striped sunnies are bluegill. Rock bass are silver/dark grey and have red eyes. All in all, sounds like you had a good day though. Nice job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: