CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Beat the Skunk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Beat the Skunk Reply with quote

Low tide for Black Rock Thursday was scheduled for 4:09pm and arrived at the honey hole 20 minutes prior to low tide. Had my 7' Sea Striker setup with me to go with some heavier lures.

This time the bite was slow and fish seemed to be tight all in 1 area. I'd cast with the XRW-11 in all directions, but there was only 1 certain area where I had 2 monster explosions within 10 casts and also had a few swirls.

Later I headed over to the ramp as the tide was coming in. Bunker were jumping and saw a chummer with a tailor that looked about 7 pounds caught on a fresh chunk of bunker. He also caught a sea robin that he used for chumming, which got him a hit pretty soon on a piece of the tail. I didn't get any swirls or explosions while pencil popping with the XRW-11. Once I took the 1 ounce jighead out for snagging bunker, the evening boat crowd had just started causing bunker to be pushed down.

Hit Breezy Point for a bit as the tide was still coming in but nada.

Ran into some of the usuals as I rode towards Remington and they were telling me how well they had done. I went to Remington and casted into the discharge and also out towards the flats and current with a mullet SRNR-8 but nada.

Last stop was back to Breezy Point where I ran into a few fellow Seaside surfcasters. As tide got higher and sunset was getting closer, pencil popping, slow walk the dog, and throwing a small popper was doing it. I landed a 16" schoolie with a SSP-9 and missed out on 2 snarbors with the XRW-11. Saw the other surfcasters getting many explosions by the snarbors and small schoolies with 1 landing a snarbor and another landing a 20" schoolie.

Once an officer warned us about the park closing soon we hit the road.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: