CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: The Bite was On!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: The Bite was On! Reply with quote

Friday low tide for Black Rock Harbor was scheduled for 5:06pm and arrived at the honey hole just before dead low. Brought my 7' Sea Striker setup with me to cast with some heavier lures and heavier braid.

Not too long after I started casting I was seeing swirls and a few splashes. Once I started casting towards them I was into fish.

Kept on getting tons of explosions and swirls throughout the evening as the tide got higher. Lure and retrieve was a steady walk the dog with a bone chartreuse XRW-13. Sometimes I'd pause the lure for no more than 3 seconds if I get a number of swirls behind it and then do some aggressive chugging on the surface before pausing again.

Once it was getting closer to 8:30pm is when the tide got too high and the bite turned off.

Checked out Breezy Point but southwest winds had picked up causing lots of waves and a current.

Gave the XRW-13 a few casts facing Bridgeport Harbor and had 1 swirl.

Total was 7 schoolies from 20" to 26". Lost 5 fish with 1 being a cocktail blue coming off right in front of me and 2 others being bigger fish. 1 of the bigger fish I lost had to be a keeper striper in the mid to upper 30" range. Right as I set the hook line started peeling out. Then when the fish stopped it kept tension on the line but I wasn't able to pull it in, which is when it spit the hook. I had more than twice as many explosions and swirls than hook sets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: