CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Carp Fishing in CT
Viewing Topic: Persistence Pays Off!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthEastFisherman

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Persistence Pays Off! Reply with quote

Went again to try for round 2 on carp. Same idea this time. Caught one and took almost an hour (yes.. An hour) on 6lb mono. Spot I fished was near a river input and the fish took off and sat near bottom in the current. Finally got him close and the took off again even farther this time and when I went to net him/her they had a partner right behind em who was double the size. I'd post a picture if it wasn't such a pain to get on here. Scale was fluctuating between 18-20 but I was also holding the net straight cause I didn't want him to fall in the water before pics so all I can say is BIG fish.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Persistence Pays Off! Reply with quote

I'm really liking Carp fishing.....and am totally tired of other game fishing (too much work/not enough relaxing).

First, Carp are by far the biggest fish in fresh waters of CT
Second, they put up an amazing fight
Third, I LOVE the idea of tossing the line in and relaxing/enjoying the scenery (isn't that what fishing is about?).

Fact that not many people Carp fish, leaves us Carp lovers with SO much more fish.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Carp Fishing in CT All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: