CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Naugy 7/22
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyinstfd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Naugy 7/22 Reply with quote

Spent some time in the burning sun today on the Naugatuck.
Caught 2 smallmouth and lost too many too count.
Fished right at the falls in Seymour and while water level went way down, current was still super fast.
Threw Berkley Havoc tubes and got several hits but tube drifted so fast I couldn't seem to get a good hookset. Had one on that fought like a son of a B*&ch but got off halfway in.
I switched to a smaller white tube because I lost my hook on bottom and only had 1 that size. Doh!
Moved down under bridge and got stuck on something and just as I freed it I felt it get clobbered and reeled in a 1lb bass. First smallmouth this year.
Couple more casts in the same area and I see tube come right out of the water and reeled in my second smb.
Wrapped up there around 1pm and came home to cool down. Burnt!
JPell333

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your report. Was down in the same area today throwing tubes till about 7pm..Only one nibble at the waterfall then downstream just a bit from the bridge i landed this sweetheart. Gotta love the ways smallies fight!

[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: