CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River - Windsor (Bissell Bridge Boat Launch)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLostGringo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: CT River - Windsor (Bissell Bridge Boat Launch) Reply with quote

I have been working in Windsor for about 8 years now and cross over the bridge twice a day. I have checked out the Boat Launch a few times at the end of E. Barber street during lunch but it generally always seems empty.

Wondering if any one fishes from that area as I rarely see a boat except for the occasional Jet Ski/Waverunner.

Any information would be appreciated.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only launched from there once, I think:

http://www.ctfishtalk.com/connecticut-river-bissell-bridge-03-03-t11436.html#.U9Ks8Pm-3Lk

It can be a tough place to launch and recover a trailered boat because of the current, and the widely fluctuating water level and bottom contours make navigation difficult.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My buddy and I launch from there quite a bit.

This season the fishing in the river has been terrible. We've fished there on 3 or 4 separate occasions this year and the water is still extremely muddy. I'm not sure if there's some construction going on upriver that's affecting the water quality. There's virtually no weedline to fish this year.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fish all over Ct. The weed lines this year are almost non existent everywhere in larger bodies of water. Lillinoha is either solid green or brown. The water levels are very high for this time of year.

Most believe the water never warmed up enough for weeds to form. Some lakes and rivers had weed killer placed in them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The growing environment of aquatic plants in rivers is much different from lakes.

The weeds this year were delayed in development due to cooler waters. Delayed. Weeds will form when the magic number in the water allows them too. Cooler temperatures havent prevented weed formation.

Weeds in rivers are much more subject to factors such as flooding, channel deviation, etc. Silt deposits are a major factor in the non development of weeds in a river. In my opinion, the ct river has been a beast over this past year of roller coaster weather and it has changed a lot under the surface.

Aquatic weee control this year has been very inconsistent depending on the applicator and the timing. Many applications failed to meet the ideal window of this years growing degree days GDD with the targeted weed.

Im heading out on the CT river sat evening for cats and loving this weather!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: