CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Naugy 7/29
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Naugy 7/29 Reply with quote

Member mikeyinstfd (Mike) and I hit the Naugatuck Tuesday starting around 10:30am.

Our first stop was Riverbend Park. Mike and I each threw a number of lures. Mike had a few hits on a Berkley Havoc Tube while I caught a dinky river smallie and a redbreast with a bleeding copper flash F-7.

Our next stop was the Seymour Rapids. Both of us didn't get into much there and down by the island. I lost 1 with the F-7 while Mike had a few hits with the tube.

Last stop was the projects. As I stuck with the F-7, Mike threw a pumpkin green weedless jig. Mike was getting lots of takers on the jig and I lost 1 and had 2 followers on the F-7. I also played topwater with the F-7 in a calmer area that had smallies interested but not setting the hook. Mike eventually landed an average river smallie with the jig. I then started throwing a 3 1/2" Zoom tube rigged weightless with a 1/0 hook. Lost 2 nice smallies that had to be at least 1 1/2 pounds, had a lot of takers, and landed a 10" smallie.

Hit the road at 3:11pm.

Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some of the worst projects i have ever seen. Can't believe you guys fish over there

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crest Daddy wrote:
Can't believe you guys fish over there

Thumbs Up

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use a blue fox #2 spinner in the river for the bass they cant not hit it and hook up rates are much better with them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: