CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Where are the Blues at!?!?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chunkin4Blues

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Where are the Blues at!?!? Reply with quote

I've been fishing up on the Housatonic river in Caswell Cove for stripers but the action has really seemed to die down. There is dead bunker everywhere which is easy pickings for the lazy fat stripers. I like the challenge of catching a big striper but I love fishing more blues way more. I love the continuous action and the good fight they put up. I fish from shore but chunk and throw plugs at the same time. Any recommendations on some good fishing spots would really help me out guys. Thanks and good luck out there
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Beach, Gulf Beach, and West Haven Beach would be the only areas to fish from shore around the area. Certain places, such as Seaside Park, are currently checking parking stickers. All the private property around here gives you limited access on shore fishing.

Seeing you said you also throw plugs, you'd have a better chance at getting more access if you were to buy a pair of waders.
Chunkin4Blues

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do own a pair of waders they are brand new. Nothing special just something to get me out there a little further. I fish at night mostly so if there were any private beaches that don't charge after 8 I would do that as well. To be honest I would pay the fee to park there to catch some damn fish lol!!
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then other places you could fish by casting and wading include Penfield Reef, Short Beach, Charles Island Sandbar, and the Milford Audubon.

I've fished all these places many times so if you ever need a hand with getting to know them, how to get there, and where to park, let me know so we can hit them together.
Chunkin4Blues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds awesome mike!! You seem like a really good angler who truly enjoys the sport of fishing!! I'd be more than happy to go fishing with you. Let's make some plans!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: