CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Upper Moodus 8/3/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imsafanct

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Upper Moodus 8/3/14 Reply with quote

Last time Bill and I went out was Saturday July 19, launching out of Keeney and fishing White Oak. Good thing we went Saturday and not our usual Sunday the 20th because my wife and I welcomed our son Henrik to the world that Sunday evening. She wasn't scheduled to be induced until Thursday the 24th, so he was just a touch early.

To those of you with children of your own, you know what the birth of a child is. Words cannot describe it. Absolutely the most amazing moment of my life, to feel such an instant feeling of love and concern for another, tiny little person and to look at my wife in that same moment and to love her so much more than I could have ever imagined.

So after getting back to work this past week and trying to get settled into a new routine, I asked permission from my wife to fish yesterday morning with Bill, to which she obliged. No adventures. I just wanted to go somewhere easy where I knew I could catch fish. We decided on Upper Moodus.

And under light morning rain which eventually stopped falling, catch fish we did! The skies remained overcast/dark until we stopped around 1:00PM. We easily had boated 20 fish by the time we quit, caught more or less equally by Bill and myself respectively. Roughly three quarters bass, one quarter pickerel. There is a channel between lily pad growth on each side in the back part of the lake that was just on. We caught most of our fish on two drifts through this channel, casting to the edges of the pads, sometimes into them. None of the bass were over 2 lbs. (no photos), but they were just hammering our senkos, jigs and horny toads. We even got a chance to double up, which was a first for us.

Just one of those mornings where the fish were on and we could do no wrong. We needed a day like that, especially Bill, after his slow start to the year so far. Yesterday was his first time catching on Senkos, and I'd bet he's a fan now.

I don't see myself fishing quite as much for the remainder of the year but I'm sure I'll get out here and there. If my future trips are like yesterday, I'll be a happy camper.

-Eric
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, congratulations! On the fish, too! Very Happy

My kids are 16 and 20 years old. Just so you know, it's nice when they grow up and you get your life back, too. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lake, and there are definitely monsters mixed in in those pads! Nice outing for sure Smile
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice outing by the new daddy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: