CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: State Line Pond
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mase2020

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: State Line Pond Reply with quote

Went to State Line Pond on Thursday with my neighbors. They went in a Scanoe and I took my new to me Ocean Kayak Trident 13 out for the first time.

State Line Pond is a 75 Acre lake in Stafford Springs on the border with Monson MA. The lake has a small roof top put in on the southern end on route 32. There is room for maybe two cars at the most. There is a small roadside parking area across the street and it is recommended that after you put in you relocate. The pond is shallow and gets overgrown with vegetation, milfoil and pond lilies when the weather warms up so it it recommended that you go early in the season. The lake is shallow the deepest I marked in my finder was 7 feet, but most of the day I was in between 4 and 1.5 feet of water. There are about 50 houses on the lake mostly along the north eastern part of the lake. Most of the homes have small boats so you won't have to worry about pleasure boaters.

We put in at about 10:00 AM and it was overcast and about 50 degrees. The water temp at put in was 54 degrees and rose throughout the day to 61.7 degrees.

I fished a F-7 gold Rapala, a SSR Perch Rapala, and a lime green Senko most of the day. Me neighbors fished a F-7 gold the whole day. There were plenty of fish I went went clockwise around the lake. My neighbors caught about 30 fish each, which included CP, LMB, Perch and Crappie with the most being pickerel. I caught about 12 with the mix being about the same. The bite was soft and at time I saw fish follow and not bite and some bite which I saw, but did not feel. You really had to reel slow and stop and pause for a minute and then reel again. At times we had fish and did not know they were on. Should have switched to a HJ but was too lazy. Lots of fish came from sunny areas as well as an area in the north west part of the lake that had rocks on shore, so my guess was the rocks were warming the fish up nice. We got off the water at about 2:00 PM and we were the only ones there. Here are some pictures.

Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pics, looks like a solid day! What's up with the LMB? The coloring looks different on it, sick?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishin'Fireman wrote:
Nice pics, looks like a solid day! What's up with the LMB? The coloring looks different on it, sick?

I think that its just reflecting off his clothes. I'm guessing you were wearing a red shirt? Nice day though!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice fishing!
Fishin'Fireman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbehuniak09 wrote:
Fishin'Fireman wrote:

I think that its just reflecting off his clothes. I'm guessing you were wearing a red shirt? Nice day though!

Ya idk, can't tell if it's that, but then if you look at its side it looks like it got roughed up there.

Are Pickerel known for taking a swipe at bass (grown) at all?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is a bit old but I drive by here occasionally and wondered how the fishing was.

wonder if the proposed dredging ever happening, but if you marked only 7 feet I tend to think it didn't

http://www.lakechaffee.org/archives/2006%20State_Line_Pond_JI.pdf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: