CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Missed It
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Missed It Reply with quote

Friday's low tide for Black Rock was scheduled for 3:48pm and decided to hit the honey hole seeing we're getting closer to that full moon phase. Arrived with my 7' Sea Striker/Penn Pursuit II 4000/30 pound Spiderwire Stealth just before dead low.

3 lures I played with were the chartreuse ghost XRW-13, blue chartreuse SSP-12, blueback herring LC-12, and pearl grey shiner FLR-16.

The bite didn't pick up til about an hour after low. I had 2 swirls in front of me with the XRW-13. Also had a decent explosion on that lure and missed out on a nice blue that came shooting out of the water mouth first for the lure before diving back into the water mouth first and doing the cycle again a second time. When that blue hit the XRW-13 the second time I felt some tension and tried to set the hook but wasn't successful not knowing I had the drag on the reel too loose Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Mad Sad

Later as the tide got higher and nothing had been happening, I headed over to the rocks by the destroyed pier but nothing happened.

Next stop was the ramp and saw bunker on the surface along the boat channel but had no luck.

Crews were all finished cleaning up from Gathering of the Vibes so I headed over to Breezy Point where it was quiet and had no action.

Before heading back over to the rocks and Fayerweather jetty for the sunset and last light bite, I waded in the water where I saw some suspicious activity but only had snappers hitting the XRW-13.

Once I got over to the rocks is when I saw a smart chummer who I'm familiar with using live bunker and pieces of bunker. That's when tailors were into their evening and last light feeding frenzy with bunker. The chummer had 4 big hits and lost 1 of the blues. I was able to snag a bunker that eventually took me into the pier resulting in have to cut the line. Both of us and 1 other chummer who was with the guy tried throwing topwater where we saw a frenzy but no hook sets. 1 of the guys had 2 explosions on 1 cast by smaller tailors.

Mosquitoes eventually got out of control and the park was about to be closed so hit the road just before 8:30pm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: