CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Mondo Pond in Milford
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BassKing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Mondo Pond in Milford Reply with quote

Today was my first visit to Mondo ponds in Milford. I arrived around 7 and around 9 am I caught close to a 9lb large mouth bass on my frog. I will upload a picture. There was a lot of action there today- shortly after I caught close to a 5 lb'er. Anywhere else in Milford where I could catch some good bass?
ladyfisher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your catch but 9 LBs ?.......that would be beyond great. Back in the 60/70s when that property belonged to the Water co. the average bass were 5/6lbs....ALOT of Pickeral on every other cast......then it was sold to the city & the 'bucket brigade ' started.....trash everywhere, people their dogs & not picking up after them, party after dark in the woods closer to Subway HQ.....I attended a meeting years ago for Mondo Ponds & made the suggestion of stocking it with LM Bass, catfish since people were removing everything they caught.....well, the 'committee' of men in suits & 2 women in makeup & high heels(whom NEVER held a fishing rod)....looked at me like I had 3 heads.........sorry about the rant but I've seen this place destroyed....it looks like it might be making a comeback with the latest reports, lets hope so..........again...congrats on that catch , would love to see it.
Regarding other places in Milford....there is a resevoir around the corner near the tracks that some people fish but haven't heard any reports.
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for the pic to see what a 9 pound bass out of Mondo looks like
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mondo pond is a nice little place. We go there for walks/fishing quite a bit.

It used to be much worse but it's still not too clean. Gonna try my kayak there for the 1st time as it's close to home.

We have seen people pull some huge catfish and bass (2nd pond)......lots of pickerels.

Never really caught anything there. My son got a little catfish once (it was hanging out by the main rock.

Hoping to have more luck with a yak......there is only a handful of good spots for off shore fishing and they fill up quick.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: