CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Slow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Slow Reply with quote

Arrived at Twin Brooks at 3:23pm with my trusty 5'6" ML setup Sunday. Conditions were mostly calm wind, mostly cloudy skies, dry air, and mild temps. NWS was saying the high pressure in the area was supposed to move offshore today with a frontal system approaching the area bringing rain Tuesday and Wednesday. Skies became overcast later before the sky cleared up just before sunset.

I hit a number of spots with a variety of lures but hardly ever got into anything.

3 certain lures fish showed interest in before it was topwater time was gold florescent red F-7, helsinki shad HJ-8, and the Berkley Gulp Minnow.

I caught a chunky 7.5" gill and lost a dinky bass on the jump with the F-7. Gills were pecking at the HJ-8 whenever I'd pause it and had a few smaller bass follow it. 1 bass grabbed the lure on the pause but pretty soon spit it. Had a nice hit by one of the fountains with the F-7. Gills and yellows were the ones doing a lot to the Berkley.

Later once it was almost 7pm I hit the larger pond. 2 lures I played with were the F-7 and a bluegill SW-8. Also tried throwing a weedless frog. Had a bass grab the F-7 as I played topwater with it but lost the bass. Had 1 small hit on the SW-8 by what seemed to be a bass coming up and trying to inhale it instead of exploding on it.

Last stop was the hidden pond once it was almost sunset. Had 2 blow ups near pads with the SW-8.

Hit the road just after 8pm
Megaman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i say go jig n craw/10inch worm/creature bait/esp around weeds/slop..ive had success with the frog but it seems they hit the frog only when it gets very hot...got a nice one on a jig draggin it through the slop..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: