CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: curado 200DHSV 7.0.1 - what size rod + action would u use
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: curado 200DHSV 7.0.1 - what size rod + action would u use Reply with quote

My dad bought me a curado 200dhsv 7.0.1. I want to put it on a shimano crucial - what action should I get and what length? This was a surprise - I was leaning toward the 300 with 6.2.1 but my old man hooked me up with the 200. What rod would you guys recommend? Because of the reel speed o assume it will probably be more of a spinnerbait and buzzbait rod. Is the 7.0.1 speed good for other baits as well? I have always been a spinning reel guy that used the 6.2 ratio for everything.

Justin
Justin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be used for many techniques...I prefer the high speed reels for flipping/pitching, but you could use that one for any bait that you want to move fast...spinnerbait, chatterbait, etc. You are probably better off getting the 200 series as it is one of the better all-around reels and the 300's are pretty sizeable.

As for the rod, flipping would be the crucial 7'11" flipping stick (CRC-X711H), or for a general purpose rod you could go with the 6'10" or 7' medium heavy crucial casting rod (CRC-X610MH or CRC-70MH).

The only thing to watch for with the crucial rods is that the extra-fast tips are very soft, so you'll get a lot of bend out of it. Best thing is to always go and look at the rods in person so you can see how the action really is on it, but think about what you might want to do for a technique and it will help you rule out some rods.
dave_376

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 2 of them one i use for flipping and the other for topwater like frogs and buzz baits. the high speed helps get the fish out of weeds before the really get dug in deep. i agree with justing on rods if your going to fish alot of spinner baits you can also look at a 66 mh. the 300 is really big and too hard to palm. great reel best of luck with it.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a good reel for any kind of fishing except maybe crankbaits! The high speed is an advantage anytime you are reeling up near the boat to make the next cast and it also comes in handy for jigs & soft plastics when the fish grabs the bait and heads toward you (and deeper water...). I think you will like it a lot as soon as you fish with it a little!

So just get whatever rod that will be appropriate for the type of fishing that you plan to do ande don't worry about the reel,..it'll match fine! Wink
Nickp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin- got the same reel from my g/f for christmass- fell in love with um the first time I used the new DHSV. The older curados are pretty sweet too.

Pairing up that reel with a 7' Heavy Crucial tonite.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies guys. Nick I was thinking the same setup.

Do you know how to adjust the vbs system?

Justin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: