CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: High Pressure
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: High Pressure Reply with quote

Monday I headed back out to Mondo Ponds. Stopped at the Stratford Walmart first to check out topwater lures and picked up a bullfrog Rebel Frog R and white 1/8oz Strike King buzzbait. Arrived at Mondo with my ML setup just after 2:30pm. Conditions weren't favorable for the good bites I've had the past few times. Skies were partly cloudy, winds were southwest 10 to 20 mph, and a strong high pressure has dominated the area.

As I hit a number of spots that were producing on Saturday, lures I stuck with were the Rebel, Strike King, olive green XRW-9, and fire shad SW-8. Took a break at the local CVS around 5:30pm. Got back finding winds had died down and skies were becoming mostly clear.

Fish were more interested in the Rebel than any other lures I threw. Size seemed to be the ticket. I beat the skunk by landing a small cookie cutter with it. Had a few other blow ups and lost 2 about the same size. Smaller bass and average sized bluegills were the ones active.

Hit the road just after 8pm.

Strong high pressure will be in charge for a while before we get any sort of frontal system. Wednesday is looking like a good day due to NWS calling for showers and thunderstorms that evening into Thursday morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: