CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Martha Hart Park
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Martha Hart Park Reply with quote

After work today I decided to head over to Martha Hart Park in New Britain. I had never been there before but it looked good on Google maps so I thought I'd swing by and give it a try. Well the weeds in that pond are crazy. I noticed that there were pockets of what appeared to be open water outside the weed edge in a few spots so I figured since I was there, why not throw something at it. So I tossed a texas rigged green pumpkin Lunker City Ozmo lizard/craw at the end of the pond farthest from the parking lot. After about 20 minutes and no hits and a lot of dragging my bait through the weeds I was ready to call it quits. As I walked back along the pond edge to my car, I was keeping an eye on the water as I always do, looking for activity and I saw what looked like a pretty big topwater hit. I dropped my stuff and immediately threw the Ozmo on the spot and after a few pops and pauses, I felt a huge hit and set the hook. The fish dove right down into the thick weeds and after about 5 minutes of work, it came up through the mess in a big ball of weeds. I was pretty pumped about pulling this guy out of that mess. I don't think I'll go back this year but I'm going to return next spring before the massing weed growth as I think there are some good sized Largemouths in there. Here is a pic of the fish. 3lb 10oz on my Cabela's digital scale. Ignore the guy in picture who can't see a thing without his glasses...LOL.
bdiggy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Quality LM right there man! Wink
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice bass!
Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Never pulled one out of such thick weeds. Anyone ever fish that pond in the spring/early summer when the weeds aren't in yet? Can't wait to give that a shot next year.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: