CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: No Topwater
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: No Topwater Reply with quote

Hit Mondo Ponds Friday afternoon with the 5'6" ML setup starting just before 3:15pm. Conditions were mostly cloudy, 5 to 10 mph east and southeast winds, humid, low pressure, lingering showers, and temps in the mid 70s. Skies eventually got overcast later and had a passing shower showing to the north. Winds picked up for a while when there was the shower to the north.

I stuck with fishing the smaller pond for most of the time and played with a number of lures to see what the bass and pickerel would be most interested in. Topwater wasn't showing and interest, so I started playing with plugs and cranks and also tried throwing a Strike King Mini King. 2 certain lures that had fish going were a custom painted sunset tiger J-7 and custom painted purple nurple FLR-8.

Once I started throwing the J-7 I pretty soon set the hook and landed a cookie cutter less than a pound. Landed 2 more of those bass on that lure and lost 1 on the jump.

The FLR-8 is what had bigger fish interested. Landed a cookie cutter less than a pound and lost 1 with it but also lost a nice pickerel and saw a bass at least 3 pounds come shooting for it and grab it but lost the fish right as I set the hook.

I had a number of bumps on both of those Rapalas. The only other lure that showed interest was the Strike King, which had 1 hit. I could have seen inline spinners working well.

Hit the road around 7:45pm

Here's what the custom painted color called Purple Nurple looks like on the Flat Rap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: