CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Bantam River to Bantam Lake
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Bantam River to Bantam Lake Reply with quote

I am planning on hitting up Bantam River, and ultimately want to end up at Bantam Lake, this weekend.

Has anyone fished this lately, and how was your luck and the conditions?

thanks in advance
bdiggy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you start below Little Pond, you may hit up some largemouth and possibly a couple pike. Little pond is extremely choked out by weeds this time of year and the water levels have been really low.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The river between the canoe launch on Whites Wood Road and Little Pond has been more productive for me than Little Pond, this year. I'd throw Zoom Horny Toads and wacky-rigged Senkos, but you knew that, already, Pete. If you were to head downriver from the canoe launch, please let me know how you did. I haven't gone that way, yet, this year.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was my first time on bantam river, and for me and my buddy, it was epic fishing..we launched at whites wood rd at 630am, and we were the only vehicles in the lot.
we went left, and paddled upstream towards the lake. weeds were a non issue and the water was fairly clear. it really
no more than 2 minutes in, we both landed very nice size bass.
the fishing was solid all the way towards the pedestrian bridge, and then i landed a very heavy pickerel, which was my first one.
my buddy landed countless lmb, on texas rigged pumpkin flake plastic crawfish, and live night crawlers.
I was switching back and forth on 6 inch texas rig roboworms, using a jigging motion. i was also having luck on a green flake 6 inch worm from basspro.
it should be noted that there was a lot of paddlers, but were in no way troublesome. everyone was very nice. the

the beaver dam was a little troublesome on the way out, but not coming back.

we only spent a little time on bantam lake, basically just banging the shore...not too much to speak of..

when we got back to the launch, the lot was absolutely jammed pack with people and cars.

for my first time on the "river", i love it and definitely be bac
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete, if you headed "upstream" from the canoe launch, you would have ended up at Little Pond. Bantam Lake is downriver from the canoe launch. I assume you meant "downriver", right?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Yes, he did, lol. Good to hear you had a productive trip down the river. To be fair, I guess there's not much current and it seems up or down, the paddling is not difficult. Glad you landed a bunch! Smile
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that, i meant downstream...
at the time of my report i was going off of 3 hrs sleep!

we heard reports of people having success on the way to little pond
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: