CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Crow Point Cove
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atrexontheboat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Crow Point Cove Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone know if you can get into Crow Point Cove from the CT River in a flat bottom boat? Is it fishable/anyone have luck there? Thanks for any info.
Dan1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on your boat and the tide. I've seen jet skiers in there. I don't think I could get my deep v in there. It's pretty shallow at the entrance.
atrexontheboat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I wont attempt it if I don't get any replies of people actually getting in there. I have a tracker jon. it seems like it could be good in there . the topo maps show deep spots.
imsafanct

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a 14' alum. flat bottom boat and we get in and out every time we go. There are some times when the water level at the entrance is to low to float in, even with the motors up, using only the push pole. So when that occurs, we just get out and walk the boat the 50-100 feet to deeper water. The bottom is hard enough to walk on, but wear boots, not sandals. If you've never been there before, GO! We've done very well there.

- Eric
atrexontheboat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the great info. I'm heading there this wed. and will try to get in and I'll post a report if all goes well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: