CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Candlewood lake 8/2/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jjconnaire

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Candlewood lake 8/2/14 Reply with quote

I went fishing on my boat 8/2/14. Was on the lake 3-8:30pm. Bought 1 dozen alewives and 1 dozen med. Shiners from candlewood bait and tackle. Fishing was slow but most fish were caught on drop offs located near weed lines in 15-30ft of water. Used split shots and. Also drop shot techniques. I've come to realize that alewives are very difficult to fish with and they almost immediately die when put on a hook ( no matter where u hook them). The shiners actually worked much better. I docked my boat and had a few shiners left so I decided to pitch them to the slips around mine. I caught a 4lb 13oz 21" smallie (measured and weighed!) . My new personal best! Pictures to follow.
I am slowly but surely learning how to use my lowrance elite 7 hdi. I am starting to learn how to read it and learn from the contour of the lake.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can, turn the sensitivity all the way up in Down Image/Sonar Mode (usually a multi color screen). When you start to see red/yellow blotchy lines streaking across the screen or rising from the bottom you have actively feeding fish. If you start to see clouds that usually means bait fish and the bigger fish aren't far behind. If the cloud turns into a ball that usually means the bait fish are on the defensive and start watching for those streaks.

When you observe the streaks notice the depth they are at. That's usually the water depth most fish will be feeding at. With the Lowrance and the sensitivity on max mode you can actually watch your lure drop and fall and tell if the fish are chasing it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: