CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Carp Fishing in CT
Viewing Topic: first successful carp trip
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moconnell93

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: first successful carp trip Reply with quote

Hey everyone new to the forum and very new to carp fishing. So my buddy and I took a trip yesterday to the lower mill river In new haven. At first I was a bit sceptical and didn't think we would see any action. We found a good spot and chummed right away and got our lines in the water. About 20-30minutes later a nice sized one shows up and is sucking up all the corn. Then all of a sudden 4 more show up so we threw another can of corn in. We had about 5 or 6 hits and I hooked up with one that pulled the hook immediately. Unfortunetly i was using a 6ft pole with 8lb mono which was a huge mistake. Today i went back to the same spot with some more corn. I brought my surf caster with 20lb braid and got my line out. Within 15 minutes one shows up and is eating all the chum I see him getting closer to my line so I grabbed my pole, I feel a hard pull and set the hook. What a fight for the size of the fish. It was definitely one of the most exhilarating moments of my fishing career. I didn't want to keep it out of the water too long so I unhooked em snapped a quick picture and let it go. I stayed for another hour and a half, chumming every 15-20min without seeing anything else. Does anybody know if one is caught, will it turn off the bite in that area? I'll post the pic when I figure out how[/img]
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an article in the July 2014 edition of In Fisherman magazine that talked about a carp study in a Minnesota lake. It said that carp consume food during the four to six hours after sunset at a rate 10 times greater than during the day. The magazine's website has some interesting articles about carp fishing, including this one: http://www.in-fisherman.com/carp/carp-movements-in-the-great-lakes-and-other-clear-waters/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I read an article in the July 2014 edition of In Fisherman magazine that talked about a carp study in a Minnesota lake. It said that carp consume food during the four to six hours after sunset at a rate 10 times greater than during the day. The magazine's website has some interesting articles about carp fishing, including this one: http://www.in-fisherman.com/carp/carp-movements-in-the-great-lakes-and-other-clear-waters/

Phil! Is this what I have to look forward to in retirement? Researching Fishing? LOL Nice job on the Carp! Try the Naugy on the Derby side! Record setting Carp in there. You can see them as you travel over the Rte 34
Bridge.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:23 pm    Post subject: images Reply with quote

you hit the IMG button. Paste link to pic. then hit the IMG button again to 'encapsulate' image link. it should show up then.

cant wait to see your pics.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanna Fish wrote:

Phil! Is this what I have to look forward to in retirement? Researching Fishing? LOL Nice job on the Carp! Try the Naugy on the Derby side! Record setting Carp in there. You can see them as you travel over the Rte 34
Bridge.

the only thing about that area is that there isn't much nature around/tons of residential/business/cars.

When I go fishing, part of it is being in nature!

Smile
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:

Based on my experience, article is correct. At night, carp action is pretty good, especially top water. They are VERY active all night.

However, bottom action is normal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Carp Fishing in CT All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: