CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Stacked up Gills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Stacked up Gills Reply with quote

Seeing it was Sunday and temps had finally cooled down, I decided to ride my bike to Twin Brooks. Arrived around 2pm.

Started off at the upper pond but saw water level was still low due to Saturday's storms missing that area and weeds had gotten thicker. Decided to skip it and headed over to the next pond.

Threw the SW-8 and Frog-R in the usual areas but nada. Went to the opposite end of the pond. First stop had a cookie cutter following the gold florescent red F-7 and a custom made inline spinner. Next 2 spots is where I found schools of bluegills stacked up by branches and leaves hanging in the water. That's when I threw a weightless Strike King Mr Crappie which had them going. Landed a number of gills mostly around 7" with 3 being bulls. The bulls were deeper closer to the bottom and would see them come up through the stained water for the Mr Crappie.

Once the bluegills were no longer into it, I hit the main pond. Tried throwing a number of Rapals, a Strike King Mini King, the Mr Crappie, and a custom made inline spinner which resulted in a 7" bluegill on the gold florescent red F-7.

Last stop was the larger pond. Hit 3 certain spots with the F-7 and a fire shad SW-8 which resulted in a 14" cookie cutter carefully taking the front treble of the SW-8 as I slowly walked the dog.

Once it was getting closer to 6pm I headed over to check out the funeral home. The pond has gotten very weedy with lots of thick, murky floating weeds. Tried throwing the Mr Crappie in more open areas. Had a few hits, landed a 7" bluegill, and lost a nice crappie when I tried to swing it out of the water just before coming into thick floating weeds.

Hit the road around 6:20pm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: