CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: DEAD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: DEAD Reply with quote

I was hoping for a good bite seeing now we're into cooler temps and we recently had rough seas and coastal flooding. Arrived at the parking area at Seaside just before 4:15pm to find waters pretty quiet, steady 5 to 10 mph southeast wind, mostly sunny skies, strong sun, and temps in the mid 70s.

I started off at the rocks by the destroyed pier. Lures I threw included blue chartreuse SSP-12, blueback herring LC-12, bone chartreuse XRW-11, pearl grey shiner FLR-16, bright white 5" custom popper, and chartreuse ghost Bomber walk the dog, resulting in nothing.

Headed out on the jetty to find tide had gotten too low to be fishing out by where I've been into some harbor blues, so I went over to Fayerweather in different spots. One spot had a surfcaster throwing a number of topwaters, but he said there was no action and not even a splash in the area. Once I casted in that area is when I saw some signs of bunker facing St Mary's and a few splashes towards the eel grass. The splashes towards the eel grass seemed to be schoolies chasing the smaller bait with the snappers.

Went back to the rocks to find a chummer there throwing mackerel. I still didn't get into anything and the chummer said he had only 1 nice hit with everything else being small bumps by sea robins.

As sunset got closer and it was almost low tide, I went to the ramp. After casting around the ramp I walked in towards Captain's Cove where the water was nice and calm and stuck with the XRW-11. The only hit I had was by a bigger snapper.

Walked back towards the ramp as I kept casting before giving the rocks a few more tries and then hitting the road.

The surface was very quiet this time. I've been keeping an eye on the Bridgeport Harbor buoy and water temps are still around the 74 and 75 degree mark. I'm hoping by the end of this month water temps will reach 70 and things will finally turn on after the action I have been seeing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: