CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Pre and Post Front
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Pre and Post Front Reply with quote

NWS was talking about a cold front moving through Thursday evening with a low pressure to the north and another to the south, which had me thinking bass and pickerel would be turned on. Arrived at Mondo Ponds just before 5pm.

Stayed with the smaller pond due to how weedy the main pond has become. First spot is where I threw the Frog-R on top of floating algae seeds. Varied the retrieve until I found the bass were hyper and energetic looking for aggression. As I did a steady retrieve with constant twitching, I had 3 explosions and landed a cookie cutter.

Once I had gotten tire of picking up lots of fallen leaves and clumps of algae, I hit another spot. Once I get to this spot is when I try different lures. The Frog-R and SW-8 wasn't seeing much attention anymore no matter what retrieve I did. Played with a hot tiger FLR-8 and purple nurple FLR-8. Nothing followed the FLR-8's as I varied speeds but did have a pickerel try and grab the hot tiger FLR-8 as I did an aggressive slashbait retrieve. That pickerel eventually gave up.

Hit a few more spots to find the bite had shut down as if the cold front had just moved through, which meant it was bluegill time. Landed a total of 6 gills and 2 tiny bass with the Strike King Mr Crappie Lightning Shad rigged weightless on a trout hook. Bluegills 7"+ were the very aggressive ones that would make a swirl on the surface and hit it on the surface acting like a 3 pound largemouth doing an average explosion on a smaller popper. 2 bluegills were 8" bulls.

Hit the road around 7:45pm

BTW....Boy does it get spooky once there's not much light left!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: