CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Where to go this Saturday?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imsafanct

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Where to go this Saturday? Reply with quote

All,

Bill is in Canada and my wife, stepdaughter and son will be visiting friends this coming Saturday. So I've got ALL day to fish.

That means finding the most productive shore-fishing body of water I can...or go buy a kayak! I may get a kayak sometime soon, but probably not this week. So that means I'm casting from land.

I'm interested in suggestions of good shore-fishing spots, specifically for pike, almost anywhere in CT.

I can head back to the usual spots like Keeney and Wethersfield Cove, but I'm interested in trying new places as well. Any suggestions for pike fishing waters that can be successfully fished from shore are appreciated.

Thanks.

-Eric
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of any shoreline access at Bantam. Lake Lillinonah has shoreline access near ramps and also in state forests that border it.

Whethersfield Cove might be your best bet.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantam has plenty of Shore Access

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bantam is definitely somewhere I've been wanting to try, but I obviously don't want to trespass in doing so. It's a big lake and I have no idea what part of it to drive toward where there is shore access. Any advice?

Thanks.

-Eric
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main road to the launch has quite a bit of access. Theres a city launch directly across from it.

I've pulled some big Pike and bass from the launch side of the weds there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: