CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: NIENTE
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: NIENTE Reply with quote

Called the local warden, city police, and city parks & rec Wednesday to find what the story was with the access and fishing at Seaside. The warden said I should be OK but not to keep any fish as of now. The police said Seaside has been reopened.

Arrived at the parking area around 4:30pm to find mostly sunny skies, steady 8 mph southwest wind, and comfy temps in the lower 70s.

As the tide was coming in I worked areas of the eastern side of the jetty as I also headed out to Fayerweather Island and back in but never had a hit, swirl, or follower not matter what I threw. Saw a surf caster out there with his 10 footer, bigger poppers, and waders but never got any attention.

Headed over to check out the ramp which is when I saw 2 separate small schools of bunker on the other side of the boat channel. Tried casting but niente.

Went back over to the rocks and pier as sunset got closer but never saw any splashing.

After sunset when it was getting to be darker out, I noticed this big dark wave farther out where a boat was. The wave slowly moved closer to shore. That's when 2 usuals and I started seeing some serious splashing. I went out onto the jetty as the school kept getting closer. Once the fish had gotten as close as they could, I tried casting the 5" 2 ounce popper and a XRW-13 out there but couldn't get to them. It was one of those situations that required a 10 footer and 3 ounce topwater.

The blues eventually turned clockwise parallel to the beach and then headed back out towards the open, which is when I headed over to the boat ramp before hitting the road around 7:30pm.

2 things I noticed related to the perfume and chemical run off were a light chemical smell and gulls bringing some dead porgy to shore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: