CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Farmington River 9/18/14
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:24 am    Post subject: Farmington River 9/18/14 Reply with quote

Met up with 2 buddies at Peoples State Forest, to kick off a day of trout fishing on the Farmington River.

Arrived at the parking lot at 6:30am to cool temps. When my buddies showed up a few minutes later with thermal clothing and gloves, I thought I was a little unprepared but fortunately the conditions were a non-issue.

All of us had either a 4”9’ or 5”2’ ultralight setup, and we used mealies for the first half of the day. We had some initial luck at Peoples, with everyone having caught a few trout in the first couple hours.

We then relocated to the rt 219 bridge area, which is where I caught my lunker of the day; an approximate 15 inch rainbow with a large belly and beautiful coloring.

At 11:30 we ate an early lunch at Riverton Country Store and bought some “supermealies” from the tackle shop behind the country store.

We got back on the water and accessed the river down the road from Riverton town square and my buddy caught a very nice 16 inch trout.

We finished up at the Ovation pool, which produced only a few small trout.

Overall, a very nice day on the water.

Cigars smoked: Charlie Moore with a Connecticut wrapper
Csteven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great trip. I caught my first ever trout from the Farmington River last April, brooks and rainbows. It was awesome, they are beautiful fish.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: