CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: First one in a while
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: First one in a while Reply with quote

Member Jeff and I looked around at a few spots this afternoon and hit Short Beach for no more than an hour. Jeff was using his 7 footer with 30 pound braid on a Penn Fierce while I was using my 1 piece 7 footer with 14 pound braid on a Penn Fierce 3000.

I was the one to beat the skunk with a nice 6 pound tailor. It gave me a great fight! Caught it with the pearl grey shiner FLR-16.

Jeff didn't have his tackle with him so I let him use a few of my Rapala plugs but he had no success. I tried throwing topwater but never got a swirl or explosion.

That 6 pound tailor blue was the first nice catch I've had in a while and the best fight I've had in a while. It took 1 long run right as the trusty 7 footer set the hook on it. As I battled it in, it kept pulling, taking more line out, and going side to side with lots of head shaking.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 pound tailor blue @ Short Beach on Rapala Flat Rap FLR-16 color Pearl Grey Shiner

miguel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by miguel on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
miguel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tailor! Hey ive been on this site for about 1 month but finally made an account. Just wanted to say I enjoy your threads and if possible we can link up one day a you can show me a few spots over your way. Pm me if anythingnim from east haven
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That guy sure put up a fight for his size!
Saltwater321

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: