CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Lake Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks Park 9/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:43 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks Park 9/21 Reply with quote

Arrived at Twin Brooks around 1:15pm. Conditions seemed favorable for a good bite, with skies overcast, humid air, light southerly flow, lingering showers, and 3 low pressures in the area with a warm front to the north and cold front to the west.

Started with the stacked up bluegills. Threw a number of soft plastics to find them sometimes wanting 1 and then wanting something else. Landed a total of 2 with 1 being a bull.

Saw a few largemouths lurking around so I threw a Texas rigged Berkley Havoc Sick Fish Jr, weightless 3" pumpkin green tube, silver FLR-6, sunset tiger J-7, and the custom spinner. Bass weren't interested but lost a yellow perch with the spinner.

Covered area at the upper pond where I got into more gills with the soft plastics, landing a total of 6 with 3 being bulls.

Headed over to the main pond which is where I stuck mostly with the spinner. Landed a 7" redbreast and lost a cookie cutter. Played with a number of lures by the fountains but niente.

When I start casting with the spinner at the larger pond where 2 brooks feed in, I see a nice swirl on the first cast. Next cast is when I set the hook in that area. Felt lots of tugging as if I had a nice pickerel on. Landed a healthy 19.5" perfect 2 pounder.

No other hits or followers so I moved on seeing it was just after 6pm.

2 lures I stuck with were the spinner and the SW-8. 1 spot had a fish swipe the spinner and another spot is where I lost a cookie cutter on the spinner.

Hit the hidden pond until it was time to leave.

The spot I caught the pickerel at has history of producing pickerel around 2 pounds, esp when the water is cooler and flowing. 2 brooks feed in and has a quick drop off with lots of brush.
fivestring

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like that pickerel is about to eat that person in the background!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fivestring wrote:
Looks like that pickerel is about to eat that person in the background!

I noticed the same thing Tuesday night LOL

Pickerel can be very aggressive and feisty for their size vs their bigger relatives.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Lake Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: